- A Safe Place shall provide services to all victims/survivors of domestic violence and stalking, regardless of gender, age, health status (including HIV-postive), physical, mental or emotional ability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, socio-economic status, race, national origin, immigration status, or religious or political affiliation.
- You have the right to respectful treatment.
- You have the right to have your individual information/records kept confidential according to NH RSA 173-C. You can ask A Safe Place staff about your rights under NH RSA 173-C.
- You have the right to access your individual records.
- You have the right to make your own decisions, within the rules and policies of A Safe Place.
- You have the right to know and understand all the rules of A Safe Place by which you must abide.
- You have the right to offer suggestions and input concerning A Safe Place.
- You have the right to make a complaint about A Safe Place’s services. The first step is to take the complaint to the A Safe Place staff. If no resolution is reached, you have the right to address your complaint through the grievance procedure of A Safe Place.
A Safe Place welcomes the opportunity to improve its services, and recognizes the right of all participants to have their concerns appropriately addressed. We encourage our participants, or anyone else with concerns regarding our program, to bring them to ASP staff. It is the policy of A Safe Place to give all shelter residents a written copy of their rights, including the grievance procedure. A copy of each will be given to all other non-resident participants, upon request.
Any participant having concerns or grievances should first address them with an A Safe Place staff person. If the issue cannot be resolved satisfactorily, the staff person should inform the participant of her/his right to bring her/his concerns, in writing, to the agency director. If the concerns are still not resolved, the letter of grievance will then be directed to the A Safe Place Board of Directors.